matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Melodye reminded me of these words from Habakkuk 3 today.

16 I heard and my [whole inner self] trembled; my lips quivered at the sound. Rottenness enters into my bones and under me down to my feet; I tremble. I will wait quietly for the day of trouble and distress when there shall come up against my people him who is about to invade and oppress them.
17 Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, though the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls,
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the victorious God of my salvation!
19 The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk not to stand still in terror, but to walk and make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering, or responsibility!

What a great word!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home