matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

David in Psalm 6- tired, helpless, and hopeless cries out (perhaps in the predawn hours.)

Job 36:16 "He delivers the poor in their affliction and opens their ears during oppression."

Tullos: Lord, I sit here with ears wide open. What are You saying to me today? What is the message of oppression. I thank You that You are a God whose still, small voice becomes louder and more sure when our lives are messed up.

Psalm 6:6 "I am weary of groaning. All night I make my bed swim."

Peterson describes it this way:
"My bed has been floating forty days and nights
On the flood of my tears.
My mattress is soaked, soggy with tears."

The pain of isolation is felt more deeply by those that have been closest to the fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home