matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Back from a really cool, frantic, friendly, exhausting, inspiring trip to Florida. Drove hurriedly back to the family and now I'm ready to get back on the writing. I didn't get as much writing done while I was away. Nothing new. It's hard to multitask between writing and teaching. I don't know how somefolks do it. I start out on the trips with good intentions. I'm going to write 3000 words while I'm gone. That's what I tell myself but then I get back to the room and I can't even press the power button on my computer. I received lots of great ideas while away. Clawson was incredible. Deadly bleak at times but very inspiring always.

I always feel like my low opinion of myself asserts itself during performance. I seem to want to tell people over and over that I'm not one to be emulated. When I got home Isaac and Jacob had returned from a Preds game. I think Isaac is making slow but steady steps toward normalcy. Lord, I am reminded that it must be a work from you- this change in his life. Lord, through the power of your blood I pray for you to reign in this house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home