matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

God Speaks to Use (Experiencing God Reality 4)

In this moment of worship

Speak Lord, your servant is listening.

Through Your Word: a lamp unto my feet, a light unto my path.

Speak Lord, your servant in listening.

Your word is complete and it pulls our lives together.

Speak Lord. Your servant is listening

Mere bread can’t sustain us for long. We need your Holy Word.

Speak Lord, Your Servant is Listening.

The Lord announced the word, and great was the company of those who proclaimed it. (Psalm 68:11NIV)

Speak Lord You Servant is listening.

You speak to us prayer

Speak Lord. Your servant is Listening

Knowing well that when our hearts cry out to you we are changed.

Speak Lord. Your servant is Listening

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

Speak Lord, Your servant is listening.

You speak to us in along the journey. So in the good times and in the bad-

Speak Lord, Your servant in listening.

When we are desparately seeking you. Our hearts are broken for our unbelief, for our wickedness as a people, for the land we dwell and the lost too many to count, we cry out-

Speak Lord, Your servant is Listening.

As a church, we confess that you are God. You have placed us together to accomplish a God-sized task and without your voice we are lost.

Speak Lord, Your servant is listening.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home