matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Friday, October 29, 2004

today's psalm

Peace
Your peace,
grants earth, ocean, grass rest at close of day
and causes creatures great and small
to find shelter and center
the breeze
the glimmering lights of the stratosphere
even the mystery of a kiss
brings the promise of unseen desire
communion
(I love you)
Even the air drawn fast
and deep
within my lungs
reminds me of the invitation to sleep
yes- (though now it will be the same as yesterday)
someday I will see You
and there will be time
to marvel at the grace of wrens and black birds
to know the song of each lonesome sparrow.
to partake in the dance of night and shalom.


matt tullos
for more visit www.modernpsalms.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home