matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Final Reading for the Experiencing God Project

So glad to finish this. Thanks Lord for the act of completion.

Reader 1: Do you trust His word?

Reader 2: So is my word that goes out from my mouth:

Reader 3: It will not return to me empty,

Reader 1: but will accomplish what I desire

Reader 3: and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11 NIV)

Reader 1: Do you want to know Him?

Congregation: My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferingsbeing conformed to His death. (Philippians 3:10 HCSB)

Reader 1: Do you seek him?

Reader 2: I have asked one thing from the LORD;

Congregation: it is what I desire.

Reader 2: to dwell in the house of the LORD

Reader 3: all the days of my life gazing on the beauty of the LORD and seeking Him in His temple. (Psalm 27:4 HCSB)

Reader 1: Do you follow him?

Reader 2: The next day John was back at his post with two disciples, who were watching. He looked up, saw Jesus walking nearby, and said,

Reader 3: "Here he is, God's Passover Lamb."

Reader 2: The two disciples heard him and went after Jesus.

Reader 3: Jesus looked over his shoulder and said to them,

Reader 1: "What are you after?”

Reader 2: They said, "Rabbi…where are you staying?"

Reader 1: He replied, "Come along and see for yourself." (John 1:35 MSG)

Reader 3: Will you experience Him?

Reader 2: Summoning the crowd along with His disciples, He said to them,

Congregation: "If anyone wants to be My follower, he must deny himself take up his cross and follow Me. (Mark 8:34 HCSB)

Reader 1: Do you love him?

Reader 3: "If you love Me, you will keep. If you love Me, keep My commandments.(John 14:15)

Reader 1: Will you be faithful?

Congregation: He is at work.

Reader 2: He’s calling you to join Him.

Reader 3: To know Him,

Reader 2: To experience the incredible glory contained in His name.

Reader 1: Will you come with us?

Reader 2: Will these 40 days change the course of your life?

Reader 3: Or will these days simple be remembered vaguely?

Reader 1: This is your decision.

Reader 2: This is your time.

Congregation: Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" (Rev. 22:17 HCSB)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home