matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Sunday, November 16, 2003

inner-monologue

It's so hard for me to just go to church. I know a lot of it is flesh and I'm trying to play through it. My dad has the same deal. After being in ministry for so long and preaching 150 times a year I tend to become a consumate 5th pew quarterback. So today I went to Sunday School and church trying to focus on God but still feeling very distracted by my constant inner-monologue.

This church is where we need to be for the kids but I feel an estrangement from everyone here. the focus seems to be on institutional achievement and not authenticity and worship. I was thinking that this would be our day to join but I just couldn't. So maybe next week.


Posted by Tullos at 6:07 pm
No comment was posted (add)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home