matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Friday, November 14, 2003

Reflections of Isaiah

Isaiah 1:2-3

(The courts of the heavenlies rise at the appearance of God Almighty. But this is voice of a father speaking to a rebellious son.)

To whom it may concern,

I've fed you from the table of my blessing
I've sheltered you in the house of mercy
and yet you run away.
Even animals come at the call of their name,
but not my own son.
This same one who followed me
through the rushing sea
to complete safety
the one who listened for me
who waited for me
Now...
nothing.
It's like you don't even know me, son.
Now just hear me out please.
consider my words
says Father God.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home