matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Monday, September 15, 2003

Lord, I pray for an understanding of the heart that changes my desires and brings them in line with your desires. I step back from the panorama of my life circumstances and realize that through life you are really answering the desire of my heart. You are chiseling away the things that bring no glory to You. It hurts. It's not the way I'd like to be changed. But I can't deny that it's working. More of You and less of me. And yet I have so far to go.

I cling to this word: 1 Peter 5:13
The suffering won't last forever. It won't be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ--eternal and glorious plans they are!-will have you put together and on your feet for good. (MSG)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home