matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Sunday, September 19, 2004

what Jesus says to us

Beloved remember,

There is no place you can be that I can't find you. I am the Master of the landscape and I know your location. So don't spend your time searching for hideouts and closets.You can never be so enslaved that my love can't set you free. I break through iron and I demolish the chains. I am greater than the chains, the whips and the pain. I am ready to set you free. Just fix your eyes on me and not your captors. You may be making history through personal glory or failure, but never forget that I will have the last word. You think you know me? Take your present knowledge of who I am and then enhance it dramatically and that will be a start. I am greater than anything you ask or imagine or dream or think. Asking a human to describe my power is like asking a cow to do algebra. It's not going to happen while you are here on earth with frail imaginations. You haven't seen anything yet. Just wait with expectation. Unlike you, nothing catches me by surprise. I saw everything- I speak of your future before you have experienced it. You can believe me and trust that I don't wring my hands everytime you mess up. You are human. Just keep chasing after me and love me passionately. I will cover you. You think I'm not involved sometimes when things aren't perfect. But I am there. I am in the furnace with you and niether one of us should fear the flame. You shouldn't because I created everything and my plan is greater than all this. Fix your eyes, your voice your everything upon my existence and I'll see you at the house.

Be mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home