matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Friday, September 10, 2004

Prayer

Lord,


I pray for simplicity. Give me the courage to slow down and rely on your grace. Pull me away from the idols of man, my addiction to being the solution for everyones needs. But I also pray that you will give me a generous heart that is in tune to what you are doing around me.

Lord Jesus, Son of God have mercy on me, an unfocused follower, so blind to the path. So many times, garbled by the sound and fury of this culture... Pull me away from the accuser's voice. Pull me away from the culture of comfort. Pierce my hands so that they will be useful tools. I'm not asking for you to complete me. I am begging for you to change me and make me over. Transform my attitude and mindset. I am weary today, so I'm asking you to settle my spirit and that I may rest in You as I labor in love.

In a time of chaos
I beg for stillness
In a time of sorrow
comfort
In a time of passion
purity
In a time of worship
surrender.

Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home