matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Monday, November 17, 2003

reality check reality check reality check

Yesterday evening was a reminder that Isaac has a long way to go in regard to his development spiritually. Still not on track. I don't know what it's going to take to see him come into right relationship with God.

Lord,

Today I'm discouraged and disillusioned. What are you doing here?

Emotional exhaustion is my greatest enemy it seems. I want to be obedient and true to him as a parent. But there is another side of me that just wants to ship him out of the country. He really hasn't done anything bad. It's just this blasted attitude of ungratefulness that kills me. It don’t want to go down the road that his world view will take us and I know now that beyond a real word from You, he’ll remain in this far country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home