matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Saturday, January 03, 2004

time stretches toward you...

...galloping in rhythm through the wasteland
You are close to me- the miles mean nothing
they curl away like the petals of a rose
bringing me closer to Zion
closer to You
closer to strong assurance
i fall selfless choking under the force of the reality
that there is one so pure and beautiful
no words or solid structure
bone or brick
can separate my passion
dear one.
i don't even care if you notice
(but i know you have seen me)
cast me not away
i cling
breathless
abandoned to the vibrant, pulse that keeps me
walking
heart in hand
toward the doorstep of hope
home.
time stretches toward You.
draw me in like air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home