matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Do i have to do tomorrow?

do i have to run quickly to and fro?
do i have to get up tomorrow and go?
i'd rather throw the bed sheets over my head
or visit the zoo with caleb instead
i'd hand my to-do's to a wart-covered toad
and chat with will cambell just down the road.
i'd rather run in the fields of my youth
i'd rather be 20, to tell you the truth
i rather sneak off with a tall stack of books
and give the librarian puzzling looks
i rather discuss life over cups of hot tea
with someone as melancholy as me.
i rather run barefoot in grant parish today
but i don't have gas money so guess that i'll stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home