matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

To be a pleaser

Over the past two days I have come face to face once again with my own wickedness manifested in the lust to please people. Not for the sake of pleasing God. The people pleaser seeks to please in order to receive love. It is a terminal carnality that eats away the divine call to Christlikeness.

Lord, I confess this nature which is indeed a self-inflicted thorn. Trying to build up my own personal kingdom of love through the system of IOU.



mtullos@lifeway.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home