matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Nouwen writes, "Still there are other voices. Voices that are loud, full of promises and very seductive. These voices say 'Go out and prove that you are worth something.' They are always there and, always, they reach into those inner places where I question my own goodness."

God of mercy, I am praying that you will close my ears to the voices written about here. It's a frightening prayer- but hold me captive to your voice only. The stream of personal gratification and accomplishment is a luxury that I no longer can afford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home