matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Dear Matt,

I love you and my love is enough. It is enough to banish all fear, rebellion, doubt, and injustice. It is strong, and it doesn't allow those in need to suffer. My love is mercy. When this love encounters the downtrodden, it stoops and redeems. When my love sees deception, it has the will and the courage to confront the lie and to tell the truth. My love is a love of second chances. It is a love that brings reconciliation, joy, and even laughter. It shows no aversion to nails or thorns or crosses or tears. My love is painful, but it is perfect. It is clean. Indeed it is as pure as the crystal river that runs through the cities of heaven. It sees through the pretenses, the ulterior motives, and selfish ambition. Trust my love. My love never fails.

Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home