matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Thursday, September 11, 2003

Parental Prayer of Exasperation
OK.
I'm a former youth minister. I write youth study books. I listen. I open myself up to him and yet it's like he can find no conection with me. God, what am I doing that's turning him off? It's like he doesn't even want to have anything to do with the things I believe.
Lord, help me connect with. Draw him to You, God.
I'm tired of the struggle. Am I giving him too much freedom? Am I too strict? Should I be the grounded one? I'm tired of the same no-results experimentation. I don't want him to like me. It would just be so very cool if he would respect me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home