matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Monday, September 08, 2003

So the name isn't original. It's from an e.e. cummings introduction to a collection of original poems. This blog is my attempt to model what I teach. Although the editorial synapses are on hightened alert, I'm going to try to make this a simple right brain exercise- if not for anyone, then for myself.
I'm in a state today. Burdened, tired, ill at ease, hopeful, wondering, waiting. I know you are reaching out, Jesus. But for reasons unclear, I'm feeling closed-in and defeated.
Today I see how one step leads to another and the big picture of 39 years of walking is overwhelming me today. But I will press forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home