matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Friday, September 12, 2003

He followed me to work this morning.
I saw him several times and frankly it scares me.
I didn't invite him. He's crashing my day.
In fact I told him NOT to come.
He pops in at the most inopportune times.
He shadows me some days- this nefarious stalker.
I see him on TV.
In my rear view mirror.
I manage to lose him on good days at least for a minute or two.
He grants companionship but never peace.
I will lose him for good one day-
a day that will never be too early.
his name is Flesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home