matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Praying as i stand

your face is before me
i am beyond the wish-away moments
and i stand though weakened
by those things that run from truth
i stand, arms open, see me now.
yes, you described me weary
burdened
thirsty
but mostly tired
meaning
empty but open
sweet Savior
my present help
wash me with the grace
of which you speak, and live and love.
my arms (like a trusting child:
little to give,
much to learn)
are raised and waiting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home