matt tullos

the compost pile of writer, matt tullos. mostly poems, prayers, rants and naratives... "Gods passion for the world has compelled me to be a contributor in the warfare of grace rather than a spectator in the warfare of religion."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alexandria, LA, United States

Friday, October 24, 2003

God's Thoughts and My Thoughts

Psalm 50:21 Has a phrase that speaks volumes about humans and about God. "You thought I was altogether like you." I must remember that God's thoughts aren't my thoughts. His ways are not my ways... God is wildly unpredictable. So far is He from my concept of Him. He is before us, beyond us, but He is for us. He knows me completely but as for me, I am far from knowing Him. Holy Father I want to see you. I acknowledge, not only am I unlike you. I haven't even scratched the surface of Your identity. You are Jehovah, the self-existent One who sustains me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home